Sunday, March 17, 2019

Film Title

Why the heck haven't I thought of a title yet? After all, it's like the first thing everyone sees/hears about a movie so it's pretty important, and people often really like to judge a book by its cover, unfortunately.

Titles of dog movies are usually something like the names of the dogs (Old Yeller, Mamaduke, Hachi, etc), something describing the dogs (Air Buddies, 101 Dalmatians, Show Dogs, etc), or something descrbing what the dogs do (All Dogs Go to Heaven, A Dog's Way Home, A Dog's Journey, etc). For mine I'm leaning towards the latter two since just having the protagonists' names feels rather bland.

Now, if I do one describing the dogs, how could I describe them?  Looking at them the first adjectives that come to mine are cute, and furry, and white, but none of those feel like good movie titles. I guess I'd end up calling it "Lost Dogs" or "Spirited" or "Puppers" or something. That last one is modern slang so yay for appealing to the young hip crowd, I guess.

On the other hand, for a title describing the dogs' actions, I could be a little more vague. A semi-cryptic title would probably incite curiosity in a potential viewer, right? For that, I could go with "Running Free" or "Life Unchained" or "Pursuit". Going with a more light-hearted theme, I would think that last one might fit better. After the whole setup of the intro it could fit in well, popping up as the humans chase the dogs, too. Now that I think about it, since I already determined the title would come up there in the kinda-storyboard I did, that last one would probably be the best choice of the bunch.

In the end I believe "Pursuit" would be the best title. I briefly considered throwing "fur" in there for a pun, but "Fur-suit" brings with it some... undesirable connotations, especially in today's society. Anyway, I could probably design it as a colorful little pop-up to appear in the opening once I'm editing the final product. I think I'll have some little muddy dog prints on it for extra light-heartedness. That's all for now.
Image result for dog prints

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

Well, I spent the whole day finishing up. Here's the final project! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Voky3xxJhbucQQZXpRLq0qeGF8lUCmBy/...